Leaders representing Canadian farm groups gathered in Ottawa from Feb 22-23 for the Canadian Federation of Agriculture (CFA) 2017 Annual Meeting and examined policy options to better position the industry for growth.
CFA members heard keynote speeches and participated in discussions centred on the theme “Canada’s 150: Our Farms, Our Food, Our Future.”
The conference theme was “Canada’s 150: Our Farms, Our Food, Our Future” and our program featured discussions organized around three topics: globalization, natural resources and strategies for growth. Our guest speakers examined policy options and proposals to best position Canada’s agriculture industry to achieve its full potential.
Elections were held to select our President and Vice-Presidents. Ron Bonnett was re-elected as President, Norm Hall was elected as Vice-President and Marcel Groleau was acclaimed as 2nd Vice-President.
View our AGM speakers’ presentation slides:
- Dominic Barton, Chair of the Finance Minister’s Advisory Council on Economic Growth
- Dale Beugin, Research Director, Ecofiscal Commission
- Dr. Susan Wood-Bohm, Executive Director, Alberta Innovates Bio Solutions
- Carla Ventin, Food and Consumer Products of Canada
- Garth Whyte, Fertilizer Canada
- Mike Hoffort, Farm Credit Canada (presentation to be posted soon)
- Dean Hubbard, Producer (presentation to be posted soon)
Past Annual Meetings
View the video recording of our 2016 Annual Meeting. Click here.